Author Topic: Ball Seemed Like False Advertising  (Read 268 times)

Offline Miukichan

Ball Seemed Like False Advertising
« on: January 09, 2017, 11:31:46 AM »
Ok, I am a broke college student. I paid $10 for a "ball" where formal and semi-formal attire was required. It was not advertised that it was going to be so widely different then the balls they had before. If I'm going to wear a pretty yet not very comfortable dress and spend that much money (it's a lot to me because I could spend it on a poster, a very nice movie ticket, etc.) I want it to be worth it. They played pretty similar music to the free rave and I cannot rave in a fancy dress. If it's a ball, I want to waltz. Now, I'm not saying that event was the worst thing ever. I just will never go to that again if it's not promised to be extremely different or goes back to the way it used to be. I really enjoyed the dance lessons that happened before the ball, too. So, the fact that they were gone really disappointed me. If I wanted to go to a modern dance sort of thing, I would go to the rave...where I don't have to spend $10 and can wear what I want...
Now, I have some younger friends who are not comfortable with the rave. They say they prefer what happened Saturday, and that they had fun. But, it is still not worth $10 and they should not have a dress code for that.