Author Topic: Starlight Ball- Winter 2017  (Read 477 times)

Offline Ixena

Starlight Ball- Winter 2017
« on: January 08, 2017, 01:01:35 AM »
This was the saddest excuse for a ball I've ever been to. Gross. Terrible. A smear to the name. Completely false advertising. I paid for a horrible high school prom, basically. I came to waltz/swing/tango/ect. No photographers as promised on the catalog, "refreshments" was the smallest water cooler ever in the corner. The music wasn't even a legit playlist, it was a playlist made on YouTube. Computer constantly crashed. And the music belonged in the rave room next door. The hell did I pay $10 for? What did it cover? There was nothing there that wouldn't have been at the rave, and that's free.

Please bring old management back. Bring back the lessons during the day they used to have. This made me so sad.

Offline Vacajoe

Re: Starlight Ball- Winter 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 02:38:18 PM »
I completely agree and so did the crowds of folks in beautiful gowns and suits leaving minutes after arriving at whatever that event was (and it was NOT the Starlight Ball!!!)

Worse than spending $10 was the loss of a unique event at SacAnime - that electronika can be had at the races, JPop concerts, KPop event, etc.   Summer 2016 had the right music for the first time and then it returned to this???  TERRIBLE!

Bring back the dance lessons and the compatible music - don't let Starlight Ball die.