Author Topic: Dance Disappointment  (Read 535 times)

Offline amiibo_king

Dance Disappointment
« on: September 09, 2016, 10:03:10 AM »
I'm writing this to let you know that the schedule stating that DJ Kitsch would be playing was misprinted on both the website - which states that she would be playing both nights - and in the schedule booklet for Saturday, which also contained a misprint for Friday night stating that Minikoma would be performing at the Friday dance (which didn't happen til Saturday).

I specifically went to the dance both nights (and stayed for the entire thing both nights) to try and catch DJ Kitsch's act, since I love Happy/UK Hardcore music.  Also, I got my friends and my sister to come out to the dance for DJ Kitsch.  Then also misinformed an attendee, "don't worry, there will be Happy Hardcore music tonight" on Saturday, since I assumed wrongly the schedule was correct.

The dance itself was fine, but wasn't exactly my musical taste - though I had a bit of fun, the bigger issue was stating certain performers would be performing at the Dance when they did not.  I checked the Sacanime website, Facebook, and twitter during the Saturday dance (after it became clear she was not playing) for updates to the schedule but none were made.

This was the main act that influenced me buying a badge this year (and to catch Minikoma, which also had confusing scheduling, they never played on Friday at the concert/dance, as stated in the printed book, but did play at the Saturday concert and the Saturday Dance).

Please make sure you post the correct schedule and guests for the dance and concerts in the future.  We all went hope pretty disappointed that night.

Offline TheRosskonian

Re: Dance Disappointment
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 10:28:12 AM »
Does anyone know who was DJing those nights? Seems like they didn't even bother updating the page from winter.

But yes, SacAnime definitely needs more Hardcore.