Author Topic: Bubble wands?  (Read 842 times)

Offline Teiwaz Lonewolf

Bubble wands?
« on: August 26, 2016, 04:22:42 PM »
My autistic 6 year old is being squirtle for this upcoming sacanime, and it's her first con. I was wondering if it would be ok for her to have a bubble wand to emulate squirtle's bubble beam?

Offline Pounce!

Re: Bubble wands?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »
I would say for outside bubbles maybe. (Caution bubbles on other people/cosplay). Inside the center and hotel unlikely.  Slips and although clean is a liquid not always welcomed.  Holding it, check with peace bonders. Not an official response.

Offline Con-sec

• Convention Executive
Re: Bubble wands?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 04:47:32 PM »
Hello,

I do not see a problem with bubble wands, just have them go through peace bonding like everyone else and we can go over the rules/common sense speech.  Essentially, we frown on liquids in squirt guns and spray containers as they can contain harmful liquids.  In that case you can see our concern with liquids.  If you 6 year old shoes us that is only bubbles then all should be good.  The previous response mentioned watching out for other costumes and people who may take offense to having bubbles in their vicinity.  Which can be hard to keep track of because of the sheer numbers of attendees that will be attending.  Just as long as everyone is responsible I do not foresee any issues.  Thank you.