Author Topic: Are these 'invisible shoes' allowed?  (Read 985 times)

Offline Fangy

• Hello!
Are these 'invisible shoes' allowed?
« on: August 09, 2016, 09:10:46 PM »
Hello! Im not sure if there is any rules against going barefoot, but my character Im cosplaying IS barefoot, so I was thinking of making "invisible shoes" like these: http://andsewingishalfthebattle.com/invisible-shoes/   I'm not sure if they are allowed, however. If anyone knows, please let me know! ~Fangy

Offline Neener

Re: Are these 'invisible shoes' allowed?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 10:08:27 AM »
Most conventions do not allow being barefoot, as for sacanime I haven't seen anything specific saying you can't (correct me if I am wrong) but I would make the invisible shoes just for personal safety as it's not really the best idea to walk around a event like that completely barefoot. I would also bring a pair of shoes that are suitable for the character just in case you get there and the staff doesn't allow it.

Offline Fangy

• Hello!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 11:10:33 PM »
I wouldn't be caught dead walking around sacramento barefoot nooooo way! I was hoping the invisible shoes would be allowed since they are easy to hide for the character being barefoot, but if they aren't then just some flip flops would probably be fine too. If I get an answer BEFORE sacanime summer, then maybe I'll do it. Maybe I can try emailing them too to make sure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Im not SUPER worried about it, I'll bring extra shoes with me just in case.

Offline Con-sec

• Convention Executive
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 10:21:09 AM »
Hello,  That is a very good idea.  Those 'shoes' would be acceptable in my book.  The Sheraton and the Convention Center/Memorial Auditorium do have a 'shoes required' policy.  I suggest that everyone wear some kind of foot covering only because you are downtown and all kinds of things are thrown, spilt, dropped on the ground.  Not to mention the local 'urban campers' and what they consider their facilities.  It boils down to universal precautions.  Keep in mind as they are hard to see you may get approached by my 'goldshirts' just keep a smiling and show them your covered and that Ron the security director okayed it.  Have fun and if you have time make your way to our security desk/lost and found so that I can see for myself.

Offline Fangy

• Hello!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 05:53:03 PM »
Thank you so so much! I will be sure to show you! Thank you!