Author Topic: Ask an Anime Character  (Read 1190 times)

Offline TheWolfBunny

• "Ask an Anime Character" Fanatic!
Ask an Anime Character
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:12:36 PM »
Hello everybody! I am here to give an amazing panel suggestion for SacAnime coming later this September! This panel is without a doubt one of my all-time favorite events, especially for all anime geeks. This panel is called Ask an Anime Character.
Ask an Anime Character is a 1-hour convention where fans get the opportunity to ask their favorite characters questions! (Voice actors as characters).
Ask an Anime Character started in 2010, and it takes place usually during every Kawaii-Kon, Izumicon, and Anime Weekend Atlanta. And ever since then, it's became a hit for all anime fans. Especially me. I usually have fun watching them on YouTube.
Let me explain what Ask an Anime Character is all about.
This is a panel that requires at least three voice actors who can voice three characters. Take Cherami Leigh for example. She can take questions as Asuna, Lucy, and Minako.
Usually, there are 9 characters on the board, but sometimes, the roster can expand to 12 if you got 4 voice actors. Make it a full house of 15 if you got five! You might even want to expand the time of that panel if possible.
Now for the rules. Raise your hand if you have a question for your favorite characters on the board. Once you get the microphone, you must introduce yourself and state who would you like to ask a question to. You can't move away from the microphone otherwise the character(s) won't be able to hear you. If you ever wondered how Goku would feel if he met Mario, or if Roy Mustang wanted to look good in a mini-skirt, now's the best time to give your greatest question ever!
My favorite part about Ask an Anime Character is when a character sings Happy Birthday to a fan! Doesn't that always touch your heart when that happens? This can happen if you attend Ask an Anime Character before, after, or even on your birthday! For this to occur, introduce yourself, ask whoever you want to sing Happy Birthday to you, and that'll lead to a cute moment of probably the best birthday of your life, after the audience goes "Awwwwwwww."

I bet Ask an Anime Character might become an interest for those who love anime here at SacAnime! If it's successful, like always at Kawaii-Kon, Izumicon, and AWAcon, then you can bring it back next year!
Also, I'd recommend the staff at SacAnime to record the panel and upload the entire panel on YouTube for those that missed it. Kawaii-Kon, Izumicon, and Anime Weekend Atlanta always do this recently.

To prove that Ask an Anime Character is a great panel suggestion to add into SacAnime 2016 come September, here are a few samples of Ask an Anime Character at its best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ9o7O_MCqE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRdocVYr_gY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyL8B_NbJhs

Offline PaladinCecil79

Re: Ask an Anime Character
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 03:05:02 AM »
I would love to see this event brought to SacAnime. I know Vic Mignogna and Cherami Leigh are scheduled for the next one and they'd probably be happy to do it.

Offline Neener

Re: Ask an Anime Character
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 11:08:47 AM »
This would be amazing. I honestly think sacanime needs to hold more events/panels like this.