Author Topic: GIT HYPE? 1st time at SacAnime. What to expect?  (Read 2163 times)

Offline ermacwins

• Till the end of time.
GIT HYPE? 1st time at SacAnime. What to expect?
« on: December 26, 2015, 08:10:42 PM »
Yo!

This is my first time attending SacAnime since moving up here from SoCal (going solo just to see what it's like). I used to attend Anime Expo in LA, which is huge (kind of getting too huge these days...) What I wanted to know is how does this con compare? How are the people there, friendly and or chill? Hows the night life? I've heard a lot about Fanime too, that it's a really personable con to go to and get along with people. Can any give me some perspective?

Thanks!

Offline KomaedaNagito

• .: K I N G ♚ K A L :.
    • Tumblr
Re: GIT HYPE? 1st time at SacAnime. What to expect?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 08:43:47 PM »
I'll fill you in on a couple things! I've been going to SacAnime ever since summer 2014 so it's been over a year for me. The convention itself is medium sized but it's growing to be a large con. Last SacAnime wasn't the best since the programming done poorly but we're hoping that it gets better this time around. The people here are really friendly and chill but I'l forewarn you of this , there has been a lot of harassment going around , especially during Summer Sac so please be aware of others and yourself. Otherwise , it's a really fun convention and the exhibitor room gets really crowded on Saturday too haha. I don't know much about the night life since I haven't really been apart of it but I will be this con. If you have any questions feel free to ask!! Hope this helped! - Kal

Offline ermacwins

• Till the end of time.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 08:52:49 PM »
Thanks! Sounds like it's gonna be legit. The cosplay videos i've seen on youtube look pretty awesome too, so i'm hyped. Harassment? What kind? From locals or something? That's dumb...Should form an anti-harasment squad to keep an eye out for people like that. They're probably just jealous because everyone else is too legit, obviously lol.

Offline KomaedaNagito

• .: K I N G ♚ K A L :.
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 10:25:50 PM »
Thanks! Sounds like it's gonna be legit. The cosplay videos i've seen on youtube look pretty awesome too, so i'm hyped. Harassment? What kind? From locals or something? That's dumb...Should form an anti-harasment squad to keep an eye out for people like that. They're probably just jealous because everyone else is too legit, obviously lol.

Yeah , the people there are pretty awesome. Just the usual harassment I think from photographers and even a couple cosplayers as well. I don't know all the details but I had a couple people I know involved and it ain't fun. They're upgrading security and putting signs around reminding people that cosplay is not consent.

Offline spycker

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 10:50:09 PM »
Its not up to par of the bigger conventions up here, IE Fanime but its getting there, wish the programming was 24/7 like Fanime's and wish their arcade was legit....otherwise i have gotten use to it as a hangout convention and meet alot of different and cool interesting friends. If youd like to meet up let me know...ill be having a white sign asking people to sign it....been coming to this convention since 2007

Offline ermacwins

• Till the end of time.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 11:29:58 PM »
2007? That is a really long time my friend. That's when I started gong to AX. I heard that Sacanime started small back in the day, like a hotel lobby, is this true?

Offline spycker

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 11:14:30 AM »
Yesss that is true. SA started in 2004. You usually have the " sac anime is better than any con " crowd which is annoying, might want to avoid those

Offline spycker

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 11:23:03 AM »
i went to anime expo 2003-2004 :P

Offline ermacwins

• Till the end of time.
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 02:23:14 PM »
Legit. Cosplaying anything besides holding the white sign man?

Offline spycker

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 05:21:37 PM »
my cosplays arent done but will be done by fanime in May. if youre down to hangout with me and others, let me know. we got free mountain dew

Offline ermacwins

• Till the end of time.
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 05:51:24 PM »
Very enticing. If it's mnt dew code red or high voltage, then were talking lol. Nectar o the gods.

Offline ermacwins

• Till the end of time.
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 06:08:53 PM »
my cosplays arent done but will be done by fanime in May. if youre down to hangout with me and others, let me know. we got free mountain dew

Also, you going with a krew??

Offline spycker

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 12:31:11 AM »
Yes, last year we had the red stuff LoL. message me? ill give you my backup facebook

Offline Avatura

• One of the host for the sacanime hotel party
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 01:12:12 AM »
So whats going to happen here is that me and some friends are going to run a party at the Hyatt hotel. We are going to hold it on Friday night and Saturday night. There will be video games, drinks (mostly alchohol) also byob if you want (recommended). We're also 420 friendly. Were are building a event page on Facebook under sacanime winter 2017 hotel party for more questions text me on my number 4154500602 for more details.