Author Topic: Cosplay at Starlight ball?  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Alria3790

Cosplay at Starlight ball?
« on: July 05, 2014, 03:58:05 AM »
Hi there! i was wondering if my Princess Daisy cosplay would be acceptable for the Starlight Ball. I know that cosplay was briefly covered on the starlight ball page but i just want to be on the safe side so i don't end up being rejected at the door for being in cosplay. Her normal outfit is a yellow and orange gown  but like i said I just want to be safe about this. I consider her outfit formal but i know others may not. Thanks :)

Offline Ezreal

• It's all skill. Sometimes.
Re: Cosplay at Starlight ball?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:01:31 AM »
I hope an admin answers this...I have questions about my cosplay too and whether or not goggles worn on the head would be allowed in. I have actual formal wear, but I'm not sure if the goggles aren't allowed (they're part of the character) so I want to make sure.

Admins, please answer us! :)

Offline KawaiiCreole

• Vice-Chair Volunteers / Social Media / Customer Service / Press
  • Fountain Owner
  • What's the sitch?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 12:01:19 AM »
Per the starlight ball section. If your attire is formal outside of cosplay it is allow.
Is cosplay allowed?”
Although this is not a cosplay event, we realize that some people may want to wear “formal” cosplay to the ball. The primary guideline for this is:

“Would this be considered formal wear outside of the convention?”
Hi there! i was wondering if my Princess Daisy cosplay would be acceptable for the Starlight Ball. I know that cosplay was briefly covered on the starlight ball page but i just want to be on the safe side so i don't end up being rejected at the door for being in cosplay. Her normal outfit is a yellow and orange gown  but like i said I just want to be safe about this. I consider her outfit formal but i know others may not. Thanks :)

Offline Ezreal

• It's all skill. Sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 05:28:16 AM »
I have small goggles attached to my wig because they go with the character. Would those get me rejected from entering? I have formal attire for everything else.