Author Topic: Starlight Ball music requests  (Read 901 times)

Offline aliceoftherose

• Trying to keep with the times.
Starlight Ball music requests
« on: June 05, 2015, 11:24:02 AM »
I've noticed that the music for the Starlight Ball has all been anime/video game music that is very hard to actually dance to. I'd love for this thread to be where people can post any songs that might be anime/video game, but are meant for dancing. I've only got a couple suggestions right now.

-Kuroshitsuji: Diabolic Waltz
-The Cat Returns: Waltz Katzen Blutz
-Spirited Away: Chihiro's Waltz
-Vampire Knight has some fitting music, I think.

This forum from Kumoricon has some great suggestions, too.
https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=17545.0

Add your own!

Offline Starlight Ball

• Convention Staff
Re: Starlight Ball music requests
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:50:56 AM »
Hey, I got some good news!

Recently the Starlight Ball has changed to new management with the person who also runs the dance workshops, and since then we revised the entire playlist.

Each song is now hand picked by our team of Professional Ballroom dance instructors.
Each song now coordinates with the dances taught at the workshops. (Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, East Coast Swing, Salsa, ChaCha, Rumba, etc)
The dance that goes with the song is now projected on the wall with the projector.
We've done so still keeping their tradition of all the music being anime/video game/asian
We check the tempo of each song to make they fit with the social tempo of each dance and if not and if possible we adjust the tempo of a song to make it work will do so.
We are always looking for new songs to add to the play list. If you have any song requests please send the song or link to the song to StarlightBall@SacAnime.com This way I can quickly have it reviewed by our team of Ballroom Instructors, adjusted if needed, and a slide to be projected for it.

Definitely come back again and check out the new playlist. Under the new management we are looking to have the Dance Instructors and Dance Community more involved. We've started incorporating dances mixers, and working on some professional performances.

-Thomas