Author Topic: Cosplay Chess (pieces open)  (Read 5280 times)

Offline jossAlias

Cosplay Chess (pieces open)
« on: May 31, 2015, 08:56:17 PM »
Hello my name is Joss! Me and a few friends (Named: Maria, Bre, and Katrina) are trying to get together a cosplay chess panel for sac anime summer. We don't have much time so we're trying to set a time limit for ourselves to see if we can get this done. We will need 32 cosplayers to act as the chess pieces in our game. It will be a scripted show so you will know who you're fighting ahead of time. If you're interested in helping us out by being on the board please shoot me a message here and i will give you my email so we can stay in contact. The pieces that are taken will be explained and written below. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message or respond to this (In the message please include what character you'd like to be and your email).

Facilitator (Basically someone who is going to be the narrator of the game, answering any questions the audience or characters may have): Sebastian Michaelis (Cosplayed by Katrina)

Chess masters (the two characters who will be playing the game): Ciel Phantomhive (Cosplayed by Maria) and Alois Trancy (Cosplayed by Joss)

Chess pieces (The cosplayers who will be on the board acting as the chess pieces):
1. Eren - Attack on titan
2. L - Death Note
3. Kuhn - dot hack GU
4. Hawke - DA2
5. Noiz - DMMD

We've got our first piece! We would love if the pieces were all related to Black butler but as you can see above it's totally fine to be from any other series. We'd be hoping for a big room during saturday afternoon, so please make sure you will be at the con saturday. If there are people who'd like to help out not necessarily on the board but help with back stage, technical things, or props/equipment please let us know. Thank you for the support.

We also have a facebook page you can like to stay up to date on everything at https://www.facebook.com/sacanimecoschess2015
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 04:39:39 PM by jossAlias »

Offline queenofmoons

Re: Cosplay Chess (all pieces open)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 12:15:24 AM »
I've never really seen anything like this before, but it seems interesting.
Could you give me a little more detail on how it would work?

Offline jossAlias

Re: Cosplay Chess (all pieces open)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 12:49:51 AM »
I've never really seen anything like this before, but it seems interesting.
Could you give me a little more detail on how it would work?
For sure!
Basically we have two chess masters (in this case Ciel and Alois) who are playing chess. It is regular chess basic rules basic pieces. The only difference is instead of inanimate chess pieces there will be cosplayers on the board representing the black and white pieces. Each pawn, kinght, rook, bishop, queen, and king is a different character. there will be a big life sized chess board that the cosplayers will be standing on. When a chess master tells one of their pieces to move they do
Example: Ciel would say "[Character] move to this square" and the cosplayer would move to that square acting as their respective piece.
Now just like in chess there is a possibility to take out one of the other player's pieces so when that happens the two characters fight and the loser is "dead" or off the chess board
Example: Alois would say "[Character] take out ciel's [chess piece]" and the two pieces would do a fake fight scene
In the end one of the chess masters will win, the pieces on the board and the chess masters will know who is going to win because the match is scripted (we don't just want two people playing chess that would be boring) and the game/panel will be over. I hope that cleared things up for you if not feel free to ask more questions. Also If you youtube "Cosplay chess" you should come up with all sorts of examples.
-Joss

(TL;DR? basically it's a live action chess match with cosplayers instead of chess pieces)

Offline Cursedcosplay

Re: Cosplay Chess (pieces open)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 03:46:08 PM »
I would like to join.
L-death note

Offline jossAlias

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 04:58:05 PM »
I would like to join.
L-death note

Thank you! I'll send you a message to confirm! :)

Offline daisuke_niwa21

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 06:44:13 AM »
I would love to join as Kuhn from dot hack GU

Offline jossAlias

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 12:31:24 PM »
I would love to join as Kuhn from dot hack GU
Allrighty I'll add you to the cast list after I get your email :)
Thank you for your interest!

Offline KomaedaNagito

• .: K I N G ♚ K A L :.
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 02:45:29 PM »
I could join as Noiz from DMMD!
my email is kalisenpaitrancy@gmail.com B)

Offline jossAlias

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 04:39:14 PM »
I could join as Noiz from DMMD!
my email is kalisenpaitrancy@gmail.com B)

Sounds great! I'll add you to the list! Thank you so much!

Offline Jazu-sama

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 09:41:46 AM »
Ah, I'd like to be a piece! Most likely as Black*Star from Soul Eater though it may depend on the day this is to be held? But most likely Black*Star, yahoo! Email: jt_thomas421@yahoo.com

Offline KomaedaNagito

• .: K I N G ♚ K A L :.
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 07:38:59 PM »
Oh by the way do you know what day this is going to be on? I might have to change my character if the it doesn't fit my schedule.

Offline Traverse2.0

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 12:45:45 AM »
I would love to join ! cosplay chess is so much fun for me ! I have a pretty flexible schedule , so I can be one of the following ; Amethyst ( Steven Universe beach episode version ) , Mami Tomoe ( Madoka Magica ) , and Elsa . so, its up to you ! If there's any changes to my cosplays , you would be first to know !

Offline reduco

• 2spooky4me
    • Art Blog
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 12:32:57 AM »
I might be interested, but unfortunately I have no cosplay schedule planned yet... I base it around when the programming is released so certain things like a meetup or whatever dictate my cosplay for the day- is a pre-set character required to commit to this?

Offline MoChocolate

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 10:57:33 PM »
I would love to be apart of cosplay chess

Offline ColorsOfTheHeart

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 10:15:14 AM »
I would LOVE to do this! I played Cosplay Chess once, but could never get in afterwards. I'll be cosplaying 2P Japan from Hetalia.