Author Topic: Xbox 360s for fighting tournaments is ridiculous!  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Anti-Enix

Xbox 360s for fighting tournaments is ridiculous!
« on: January 09, 2015, 05:40:22 PM »
Not everyone has their own fighting stick to bring nor do they want to shell out a lot of money just so they can fight in the tournament. Why are you guys running Xbox 360s for FIGHTING tournaments? They have to worst d-pads in the history of controllers. It should be PlayStation all day everyday. I was completely in a disadvantage this past Sacanime because none of my moves were performing correctly. I don't know who thought of this idea but fighting games should ALWAYS be played with PlayStation controllers. Pathetic. It's a good thing Street Fighter V is only on the PS4.  >:(

Offline JonasJuice

• The Big Anime Game Room
Re: Xbox 360s for fighting tournaments is ridiculous!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 09:51:49 PM »
Not everyone has their own fighting stick to bring nor do they want to shell out a lot of money just so they can fight in the tournament. Why are you guys running Xbox 360s for FIGHTING tournaments? They have to worst d-pads in the history of controllers. It should be PlayStation all day everyday. I was completely in a disadvantage this past Sacanime because none of my moves were performing correctly. I don't know who thought of this idea but fighting games should ALWAYS be played with PlayStation controllers. Pathetic. It's a good thing Street Fighter V is only on the PS4.  >:(

Hmmm. The console controllers (PS3 or XBox360) were subject to debate since 2008 (the next generation's FGC birth). We did run tournaments on PS3 until we switched to XBox360 due to complaints, often in response from EVO around 2013 or 2014 when people complained about lag.

We are very aware of the scenario, based on the community's response. The results were mixed, and still creates debate. We will take this under review.