Author Topic: Question about panels intended for Mature Audiences  (Read 775 times)

Offline citrus

Question about panels intended for Mature Audiences
« on: December 20, 2014, 01:45:55 PM »
I believe this is the first time I ever seen in Sacanime that had panels with the label "Intended for Matured Audiences." I have a quick question about this. Exactly what does it mean that the panel is intended for mature audiences? Would the material in the panel be more explicit and adult in nature compared to regular panels? Also there doesn't seem to be an age restriction on the panels either. So I wanna get things clear up. Do you need to be 18+ in order to attend the panel?

Offline KomaedaNagito

• .: K I N G ♚ K A L :.
    • Tumblr
Re: Question about panels intended for Mature Audiences
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 04:21:13 PM »
Well if the panel heading specifically stated 18+ then yes you have to be over 18 with an ID to go in. I myself haven't been in any if those because I am not 18 quite yet but with the ones that say 16+ you just have to be mature but you don't have to show ID or proof unless asked but I doubt there will be a case of that.

Offline ProgrammingDirector

• Convention Executive
  • Programming Director for SacAnime
Re: Question about panels intended for Mature Audiences
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 07:11:48 PM »
The panels we have marked for "Mature Audiences" are exactly that. The guest has requested a later evening panel, so that they can cover more adult topics and themes during it.

We have not explicitly marked these as "18+" or "16+" but, since our show aims for an "all ages" feel, we felt we had to earmark them this way. As of right now, it is up to your discretion whether you attend these or not, but SacAnime is not responsible if anything mentioned during the panel offends or is a little to "blue" for your tastes. Though the age restriction may change before the show.