Author Topic: Is Cosplay Heroes going to be filming at the con?  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Rairix

• The Seer of Hope
Is Cosplay Heroes going to be filming at the con?
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:54:17 PM »
Since I saw we're getting Yaya as a guest I just want/need to know if they're going to film for the next season at our con. I know they're filming 2 weeks later at a Florida con.

I think it's only fair to all the cosplayers who enter the masquerade to know if the Heroes cast will be in it and if there will be filming ahead of time.

There is a lot of stuff going around about the show, I'm not here to say what is true and what's not, but too many con goers from the cons the show has been to have said Scifi buys off the masquerade votes. This could be untrue, but money does talk.

I'd just like to know ahead of time if there is going to be fake tv drama everywhere during our awesome con.
Please and thank you.

Offline fabrickind

• fabrickind.tumblr.com
Re: Is Cosplay Heroes going to be filming at the con?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 04:01:49 PM »
I'm really curious about this, as well.

Though I don't compete in the Masquerades, I'd still like to know if the show will be filming here, because of the aforementioned fake TV drama.

Really, this seems like an odd con to be filming this show at (though I've heard that a lot of the other cons that they'd featured have been smaller cons? I don't really watch the show so I don't know myself), since it isn't super large (though getting larger!) and is in the middle of winter (aka not con season).

I would hope that there would be an announcement at the same time as announcing Yaya as a guest if she were here in official capacity for the show, but there doesn't seem to be a new season announced (yet). They still have a casting call up on their official website, though.

Hopefully, Yaya's a guest because she's a good guest, not because of an ulterior motive. :] I'm kind of excited for Yaya as a guest, since this just shows how much SacAnime has been stepping up their con game in the past few years, but I'd be disappointed if she were here for the show.

I would also hope that the SacAnime Masquerade judges would have enough integrity to not be swayed by the TV show, even if the allegations of buying cosplay contest wins is true. ;]

Offline KawaiiCreole

• Vice-Chair Volunteers / Social Media / Customer Service / Press
  • Fountain Owner
  • What's the sitch?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 04:59:02 PM »
We have not been contacted by the Heros of Cosplay.   They will not be at the event.

I'm really curious about this, as well.

Though I don't compete in the Masquerades, I'd still like to know if the show will be filming here, because of the aforementioned fake TV drama.

Really, this seems like an odd con to be filming this show at (though I've heard that a lot of the other cons that they'd featured have been smaller cons? I don't really watch the show so I don't know myself), since it isn't super large (though getting larger!) and is in the middle of winter (aka not con season).

I would hope that there would be an announcement at the same time as announcing Yaya as a guest if she were here in official capacity for the show, but there doesn't seem to be a new season announced (yet). They still have a casting call up on their official website, though.

Hopefully, Yaya's a guest because she's a good guest, not because of an ulterior motive. :] I'm kind of excited for Yaya as a guest, since this just shows how much SacAnime has been stepping up their con game in the past few years, but I'd be disappointed if she were here for the show.

I would also hope that the SacAnime Masquerade judges would have enough integrity to not be swayed by the TV show, even if the allegations of buying cosplay contest wins is true. ;]

Offline fabrickind

• fabrickind.tumblr.com
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
Good to know, thank you!

It wouldn't be a huge ordeal if they were filming here, but it's still nice to know if there's going to be a reality TV crew around, especially given all of the drama and allegations of misconduct surrounding this particular show.

Offline Rairix

• The Seer of Hope
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 09:50:06 PM »
ah thank you! I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Since we've got an actual staff person in the thread- did you all figure out a way for the masquerade contestants to be able to see it at the same time this time around? At the summer one the main backstage guy said you were all going to be working on a way for us to watch

Offline Dragonnova

• Dragonnova
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 10:04:17 PM »
Oh thank goodness, thank you so much for letting us know, KawaiiCreole.  And thank you, Rairix, for asking this question! I was getting really worried when I saw the guest list and didn't know where to find the answer, luckily your question was right at the top and easy to find. (PS. I love your icon Rairix, really super adorable fan troll.)

Offline KittyxGrell

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 07:28:57 PM »
I'm kinda glad they won't be filming the show at SacAnime, mainly because I'm gonna be in the Masquerade with a skit and I don't want there being bought votes or them making the competition unfair and whatnot. Plus I can't stand cosplay drama, real or fake.