Author Topic: Priority Autograph Tickets  (Read 5224 times)

Offline silenthaven

Priority Autograph Tickets
« on: October 12, 2014, 01:08:10 AM »
I know that the addition of the priority autograph tickets was a new feature to the con this year and was added fairly last minute.  I ended up purchasing a ticket for the autograph session I wanted to attend on Saturday because I know how the autograph lines are from my previous SacAnime cons and didn't want to miss a certain guest.  While I was at the convention on Friday I observed how the priority ticket holders were handled so I would be prepared on Saturday.  I have to say out of everything for my Summer convention experience this was probably the most disappointing.  Most of the staff were not aware of the priority autograph tickets on Friday and often had to find another staffer to get information.  On Friday I watched two separate sessions get told different information about when they would be let in with their priority, one session was told 10 minutes, another 8.

When it came to my session on Saturday I got to the session about 20 minutes early and waited with a group of other priority autograph ticket holders.  Even though the tickets were advertised as allowing 15 minutes early entry to the autograph session we weren't let in until after the session was scheduled to start.  Once we were all in the room and had gotten in lines for guests we wanted to meet we were getting told the rest of the people waiting would be allowed in the room in 5 minutes.  Thankfully I was able to get all of the autographs that I wanted from the session and would have had more then enough time to do so. 

My only complaint is if the tickets are sold for an additional cost and are advertised as allowing you 15 minutes early entry to an autograph session before the people that did not elect to pay, you should give the people that pay that money the full 15 minutes.  If this means having to schedule autograph sessions to be 2 hours and 15 minutes so you're still allowing the general public 2 hours in the room to meet the guests they want, that's fine but please schedule them this way so the extra money you are getting is living up to the product you are selling.  As it stands from this con it was a let down that the ticket and extra money really only allowed you to cut the line and get in for much smaller window before the rest of the attendees. 

If these are offered in the future and there's a guest I really want to meet and not risk missing I will most likely purchase another priority ticket.  I just hope that in the future cons the staff assisting the autograph sessions are made aware of these tickets ahead of time, that they know how to handle them, and that the advertised time ticket holders are granted early entry is actually delivered.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Offline gabss21

• Moon Prisim Power!! <3
Re: Priority Autograph Tickets
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 03:36:48 PM »
I purchased Priority Tickets to autograph sessions on both Friday and Saturday. I totally agree with you!! It was a huge let down. I was really disappointed that I only got in maybe 5 mins before everyone else. I got 1 autograph before everyone else was allowed to enter and then I had to stand in line again. I believe that we weren't let in because some of the guests weren't there on time, but maybe we could have been allowed in to at least get the other guests autographs who were already there. If this is offered again I'm not sure if id pay for it, since what was said didn't actually happen. Its a great idea to get in 15 mins early, and I think its totally worth paying extra for, but only if we actually get in 15 mins early. If not, its just a waste of money.

Offline Dan

• Fountain Owner
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 09:53:03 AM »
Thanks for the input.  Priority autographs were an experiment.  We're not sure if we'll continue it or not.  Its primary purpose was never to make extra money, but to give fans who really wanted a specific autograph the opportunity to guarantee getting in the autograph room.  We'll definitely take your experiences into consideration when planning our Winter show. 

Offline mewmew21

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 03:45:26 PM »
I liked the Priority Autographs. It was a little disappointing that I didn't get the full 15 minutes that it said on the paper. But I'd still buy them again, especially if it was guaranteed that we would get the full 15 minutes with the guests.

Offline lolita17

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 11:29:11 AM »
I didnt get a chance to try Priority Autographs cause I didnt hear about it until after the con started, but I was really hoping they would be available again for Winter!!!
While I was standing in line for autographs everyone that I talked to said they were going to try to get Priority Autographs next year, so please please offer them again!
I know a lot of people are interested in them so that they can avoid waiting in that long line!!

Offline Mello2033

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 12:29:57 PM »
I really liked the Priority Tickets and I think they should return to the Winter show. I was able to meet everyone I wanted in one signing session and was able to fully enjoy the con.  I came from a long way out and I really appreciated it.  I certainly hope that they will become an established part of the con.  You certainly have my vote in bringing them back.

Offline MasterSwordman

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 11:38:49 AM »
Will these be going on sale anytime soon? And how much will they be this year?

Offline gabss21

• Moon Prisim Power!! <3
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 02:43:41 PM »
I bought the Priority Autographs this year, and had a much better experience then the last time. I went to 2 different sessions initially, and had plenty of time to get all my items signed by the guests before the rest of the line was let in. Because of that, I bought 2 more additional  Priority Autographs. So please do this again for Summer, I will definitely buy them if they're offered again!  :D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:47:30 PM by gabss21 »

Offline Schmullus

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 10:09:14 PM »
I'm totally in for Priority Tickets next time. My first SacAnime was Winter 2013 and while I really wanted a number of autographs and got the ones I was after specifically, I spent more time in autograph lines than I did doing other things at the con, so I ended up skipping any autographs during Summer 2013 despite there being several people I wanted signatures from. This time, myself and a friend each bought priority tickets to two sessions and not only did I get about 11 different signatures across both sessions, I also had enough time to chat with a few of the guests for a few minutes without holding up a line, and still got done and headed off to panels with time to spare. It was easily the best $40 I spent all weekend.

Offline silenthaven

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 12:02:47 AM »
I bought the Priority Autographs this year, and had a much better experience then the last time. I went to 2 different sessions initially, and had plenty of time to get all my items signed by the guests before the rest of the line was let in. Because of that, I bought 2 more additional  Priority Autographs. So please do this again for Summer, I will definitely buy them if they're offered again!  :D

I have to agree with gabss21 that these were handled much better for the Winter convention.  I was happy to see an improvement with them, thank you for that  :)

Offline candikawaii

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 02:54:27 PM »
is this going to be offered for sacanime summer

Offline gabss21

• Moon Prisim Power!! <3
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 07:10:42 AM »
I can not believe that they canceled these for Summer. I bought so many dvds/blu rays to get signed because they said they were going to have them, back in June, and now they canceled them. I was planning on buying around 3 of these so that I could get all my stuff signed and not have to worry about waiting in a long line that takes away from my con experience, and only allows me to get 2 things signed. I'm just soo disappointed and am pretty upset, since I bought so much stuff to get signed, thinking I would be able to buy these after I made sure to confirm that these would be sold at the Summer show. You really let me down SacAnime  :( :-\ >:(
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:13:20 AM by gabss21 »

Offline Schmullus

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 01:12:08 AM »
Where was it announced these were cancelled because I can't find anything on Facebook or the website? If it's true they were cancelled, I'm really disappointed to hear it because as I said earlier this year, the priority tickets made it so much easier to get the signatures I wanted and the cost was very fair. I too was looking at between 2-3 priority passes for different sessions, as was a friend of mine. I really hope that this decision can be rethought before the con arrives.

Edit; Checked Twitter, now I see it. That's really unfortunate, especially after it was said they would be happening. I really hope that along with bringing back as many of the guests at this show in future shows, the priority autographs make a return at the Winter show because I'm certainly not interested in repeating my experience from the Winter 2013 show of spending the majority of the con in a line.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:14:52 AM by Schmullus »

Offline KawaiiCreole

• Vice-Chair Volunteers / Social Media / Customer Service / Press
  • Fountain Owner
  • What's the sitch?
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 06:07:16 PM »
The priority autographs will not be utilized this time.

We will have a "Fast Pass" like system which if you choose to pay for that will be handled different than the priority autographs.

This is the only statement I will be making regarding this topic.

Offline Schmullus

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 06:57:15 PM »
Not very descriptive, but it's better than nothing. I certainly hope there will be details on how this will be working BEFORE the con starts so I can plan my days accordingly.