Author Topic: Setting up Games  (Read 1712 times)

Offline dingoyabuki

• I am a kemono princess.
Setting up Games
« on: September 27, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
Heyas!

There's a bunch of games I have that I'd love to set up in SacAnime's gaming room if possible.
I have Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2 (legit disc) with a drum and drumsticks, and a softmodded Wii that can run Japanese games, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (English and Japanese. Backups, though.) and 2 gamecube controllers.

I have 2 interconnected dualshock-like USB controllers, and Melty Blood Act Cadenza, and Actress Again Current Code (really fun fighting game series!). Also a game called Ougon Musou Kyouku if anyone's interested.

I also have LR2, which is beatmania IIDX simulator for PC. I have a USKOC and 2 Playstation 2 to USB adapters. I'd really really love to set this game up. There's another USKOC I'm looking at buying, and if setting up LR2 is okay for the con, I'm really going to consider buying it so there'll be a second controller for people to play on. (Doubles, or Versus). LR2 is to IIDX, while Stepmania is to DDR, pretty much, meaning there are some licensed/copyrighted songs from the official series. However, there are many free BMS-exclusive songpacks, such as those of popular "BMS of Fighters" events, which can be just as fun and challenging, if not more.

I also have a Sega Dreamcast, 1 controller, and many (burnt) fighting games, including Rival Schools Project Justice, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, Capcom vs. SNK 1 & 2, King of Fighters games, and more.

I'd love to contribute these games to the con, and help maintain and set them up, so if there's any info on how to do this, I'd like to know.

Also another thing; I only have 1 TV, 1 monitor (or 2, if I feel safe with bringing my main monitor), and 2 PCs I can provide. So if there is an extra TV or two, that would be great, so I could possibly set up most or all of my consoles  :D

I also have a slim Playstation 2, and I'm considering purchasing Taiko Drum Master (USA), and a drum for it. So yeah! If it's a possibility that I'll be able to provide games, I'd love to hear more info on how to do so!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 04:18:22 PM by dingoyabuki »

Offline JonasJuice

• The Big Anime Game Room
Re: Setting up Games
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 10:00:49 PM »
Looks like you want to staff? Love your ideas. Regardless, please send us a message.  :D

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to run free open-source programs like Stepmania and BMS. While they are very fun alternatives, legal issues have been sent by companies like Konami, as well as the music industry in regards to bringing these at events that generate revenue. Sorry. =(