Author Topic: cosplay question  (Read 299 times)

Offline pyramidheadray

cosplay question
« on: May 17, 2017, 08:47:03 PM »
So for sacanime summer 2017 I am going as a Jawa from Star Wars. I was planning on pulling a wagon full of the various props I "stole" from characters. My main question is are wagons allowed at sacanime it will be plastic with nothing metal in or on it.

Offline Jacky_Zero

• N......Naf......Nifss.....Nice.
Re: cosplay question
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 11:45:55 PM »
I am sure that a plastic wagon will be acceptable, but if my advice is wrong, you can go to the SacAnime forum and contact an admin and they may be able to pass on the appropriate information. However, I am positive that you are in the 'OK' for this one love.

Sincerely-
 J.S.

Offline fabrickind

• fabrickind.tumblr.com
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:57:01 AM »
The problems that I see with a wagon aren't it being metal (since it's not something like a blade that can take an edge), but rather two things: one is that wheeled devices (that aren't mobility devices like wheelchairs or strollers) are often not allowed in convention centers (rollerskates, scooters, etc.) both for safety and protecting the floors reasons, and the problems of crowd control and maneuvering the wagon through crowded areas, where it could pose a safety risk. The wheeled device issue may not be as much of an issue since it's not something that's worn on the feet, but I can see how it could easily create an issue with crowds.

I would email the con to ask, since the forums don't get a lot of staff activity.

Offline JaimeYuki

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 09:18:46 AM »
im not sure if ur allowed to have props thats not for ur character itself

idk if this goes for sacanime but at fanime in may we arent allowed to have props thats not for our character